Natasha Innocenti is a Partner of Mlegal Group, Inc. Natasha has over 20 years of experience in placing successful law firm partners across most practice areas and she has helped open California offices for nine AmLaw 100 and 200 law firms. While her practice is not restricted to the Bay Area, her extensive experience in the region has enabled her to gain expertise in technology and life sciences related practices. She also regularly represents groups and understands how to advocate for groups practicing together.
Over the years, Natasha has developed a robust practice representing lawyers moving from government service to private practice, including representing high level government attorneys out of the Department of Justice and the United States Attorney’s office with expertise in antitrust, white collar, securities enforcement and privacy / cyber security. Natasha knows that advocating for government attorneys moving to private practice requires a different skill set and an excellent reputation for your best outcome.
About 40% of Natasha’s practice is representing women partners. Because of her extensive work in the advancement and empowerment of women lawyers, Natasha understands the challenges women partners face and the competitive importance for firms to retain and recruit top women partners. Natasha has written and spoken extensively about the gender gap in law firm partner compensation and related issues.
Prior to joining Mlegal, Natasha founded Innocenti Partners, a premier legal recruiting boutique. Natasha spent thirteen years with the prestigious Major, Lindsey & Africa legal recruiting firm in the Bay Area. After joining in 2003, Natasha was elected to MLA’s partnership in 2006 and served as Managing Partner for both the San Francisco and Palo Alto offices. Natasha went on to lead the Partner Practice for Northern California for eight years. Prior to this, Natasha was part of the Legal Search Practice in the Executive Search Division at TMP Worldwide. She began her career working with the Chair of the Legal Search Practice at Heidrick & Struggles, Inc.
Natasha earned her masters degree in Philosophy from the University of London. She earned her BA in English Literature and Philosophy from Mills College. She is also a Certified Professional Coach from New Ventures West.
- Board Member, Chair Fund Development Committee and Member, Executive Committee, The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley, 2011 to date
- Co-Founder, WILEF West, Women in Law Empowerment Forum, 2010 to 2016
- Advisory Board Member, UC Hastings Leadership Academy for Women, 2010 to date
Select Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, California Legal Market Briefing, Sandpiper Partners LLC, San Francisco, 2015
- Panelist, The Company We Keep: New Responses to Partner Compensation & Origination Challenges in the Firm, 2nd Annual West Coast Legal Executive Forum: A Regional Summit on the Business of Law, San Francisco, 2015
- Panelist, Turning Expectations Into Reality…Closing the Wage Gap for Women in Law, Ark Women Legal 2015 Conference, San Francisco, 2015
- Panel Moderator, It Starts at the Top: What Law Firm Leaders Can Do to Impact the Success of Women in Their Firms, Women In Law Empowerment Forum, New York, 2014
- Speaker, Lateral Hiring Strategies Across the Firm, Western Law Firm Leaders Conference, San Francisco, 2014
In The News
Mlegal shareholder Natasha Innocenti was recently cited in an article in Law360:
“There are many factors that go into whether a lateral is successful and they include the portability of business. Most laterals will tell you that it is an inexact science — you can make predictions, but you don’t always know what will come with you,” Innocenti said.
Awards and Recognition
- Honoree of the Women of Achievement Award 2018. (Legal Momentum, Women’s Defense and Legal Fund)