Patty specializes in partner placements and group moves. Her long-standing reputation as a trusted career advisor to the legal community spans both the public and private sectors.
In the private sector, she served for seven years as the Chief Recruiting Officer at Sullivan & Cromwell, where she was known for transforming their recruitment operation into the best high touch-point recruiting team among peer firms. During her tenure there, she led a number of talent related initiatives resulting in an increase of the associate satisfaction posting by the American Lawyer magazine from 153 to 28 in two years. Before S&C, she served as Recruiting Director at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, and as Chief Administrative Officer for the Legal & Compliance Department at Credit Suisse First Boston.
In the public sector, she served as Associate Dean for Career Advancement & Professionalism at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she increased the job placement rate for graduates 10 percentage points in one year, primarily in the “BigLaw” category. Prior to Cardozo, she established the legal hiring program for Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth P. Thompson following his election.
In The News
- White-Collar Slowdown Forces Law Firms, Ex-Prosecutors to Adapt
- Legal Consultant Limelight: Patty Morrissy
- Lawdragon included Patty Morrissy in its guide to 100 Leading Legal Consultants and strategists for 2019
- Women Partners: To What Extent Do Management Roles Enhance Your Practice?
- Trump Transition Leaves DC Legal Market Saturated
- Mlegal ups the ante in New York with ex-Sullivan & Cromwell hire